Farrow & Ball and HC Throw a Party!

Last Wednesday night, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a party with the venerable British manufacturer Farrow & Ball to celebrate the launch of their new Bamboo Papers line of wallpaper. The evening was a great success and I'd like to thank all the busy designers and friends who stopped by including Amanda Nisbet and Anne Patterson of Amanda Nisbet Design, Lizzie Bailey of Gerald Bland Antiques, Kevin Isbell, Allison Caccoma, Laurie Reynolds, Gena Dorminey of Elizabeth Bauer Design, Nicholas Manville who heads the 7th floor at Bergdorf Goodman, antique dealer David Duncan, Knollwood Antiques owner Richard Lavigne, Mercedes Desios and Alberto Villalobos of Etos, Chandler Hudson Kenny and her architect husband Anderson Kenny who brought along a group from his office at Peter Marino, as well as many more Farrow & Ball fans.

If you haven't seen the Bamboo Papers in person yet, I highly recommend you stop by the showroom. The pattern was adapted from a 19th century Japanese print and is available in two sizes and over 39 colorways and is printed with Farrow & Ball's zero VOC paint which makes them eco-friendly! I especially love the two blue and metallic papers that change color depending on how the light hits them. Bamboo is also a considered a symbol of good fortune in the Asian culture and I think we could all use a little of that these days!

Here I am with the Farrow & Ball showroom manager Lori Reich. Can you tell that neither of like to have our photo taken?!

Designer Laurie Reynolds stopped by with her boyfriend Matt who was excited to see inside the infamous D&D Building that Laurie mentions everyday!

Lori Reich showed Nicholas Manville of Bergdorf Goodman and his partner the new Bamboo Papers book.

I think we might see a wall of Bamboo Papers in Richard Lavigne's antique shop Knollwood Antiques soon which would perfectly compliment the chinoiserie pieces he has for sale!

Jessica Gold and I chatted with the very dapper antiques dealer David Duncan of David Duncan Antiques.

I owe a big thank you to Alberto Villalobos of Etos, seen his with his business partner Mercedes Desios, for taking many of the photos of the party while I was busy meeting and greeting!

After Alberto left, I didn't take any more photos so I apologize to those I missed! Thanks again to everyone who came out on a chilly New York night to view this great new collection of wallpapers and to Farrow & Ball for asking me to co-host a wonderful event!

And last but not least, no party would be complete without a gift bag! I'm sorry we couldn't invite everyone but the showroom is small so we might find a bigger venue for the next event! Until then, stop by the Farrow & Ball showroom and check out the beautiful Bamboo Papers!

Check out this stream