The day for ghouls and goblins will soon be upon us. Tien and friends decide to go Japanese this year. Why not? Witches and vampires are so last season.
"My friends and I are going for a Japanese theme this year. For one of my friends, I wanted to make a sexy kimono (was inspired by Emiri Miyasaka's kimono, right).
The cheapest place for colorful fabrics by far is Ikea (at least in my city). So, I purchased the fabric, took about 6 hours of planning and sewing (didn't really have a pattern... just kind of made it up as I went).
Turned out rather nice. It wasn't expensive - cost me about 180 kr (roughly $25, but it's probably even cheaper in the US). Below is my makeshift pattern. I based it off of this. Here are the measurements I used and how I did it. I kind of eyeballed the measurements, so it's not exactly as that, but I tried my best to remember the measurements for the instructions.
Obviously, one can go longer and multiple layer it, but I have to make 4 costumes for my friends and simplest is best. Hope someone tries this (but not in my city :D). It's going to be an awesome Halloween."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Black Magic
- Invest in Your Nest with Mitchell Gold & Bob Willi...
- One for the coop
- Built-in Besta entertainment center
- (Almost) free Halloween decor
- Michael Smith at Samuel & Sons
- iMac computer desk
- Halloween costume - Toxic barrel of waste
- Valorie's Room in the Semi Finals!
- Temporarily Under Construction
- Designing Woman
- Low budget network cabinet
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Women in Design
- Halloween goes East
- A dining room reveal!
- Movable laptop desk
- Metallic pumpkins!
- Thomas O'Brien's American Vintage Modern Casually ...
- Another great giveaway!
- Ecomodder Ikea LED hack
- Pyrography your kitchen utensil
- Suzanne Kasler's Inspired Interior at High Point
- Lack Drafting Table
- Alexa Hampton for Hickory Chair
- How to reupholster dining room chairs!
- Inspired by Christopher Peacock!
- Patrull Lathe splashguard
- High Point Highlights
- The most beautiful light (and a winner!)
- Easy soap stand
- The lowdown on the Expedit TV unit
- A mantel, spookified!
- High Point Here I Come!
- Why Don't You...
- Giveaway weekend!
- L.L. Bean Gets Chic!
- Armani Casa
- Antonius cable manager
- The table is set.
- Gorm pedalboard for guitarists
- Habitually Chic Q&A with Margaret Russell
- Hutten wine storage in Expedit unit
- Rewind: My nemesis (cords!)
- Jack Rogers Online
- Stolmen vertical pot rack
- Pierre Frey in New York
- The Sophisticated Helen Green
- Pierre Frey in Paris
- The Etsy site is LIVE!
- Cool it with this media unit
- Like Mother Like Daughter
- Stinkin' cute Halloween!
- Free paint! Get yer free paint!
- Chic Cyclists
- Nine in November
- Giveaway Winner!
- The Evolution of Design Panel Recap
- Craft cabinet
- It's my birthday and you all rawk!
- Ingo and Stefan dining set hack
- Dinner with the Prince of Chintz
- A dining hutch redo and fall fillers!
- Let's Revisit Miles Redd
- Alex gets a facelift
- Roman Flair
- Hide your cables in a Vattern
- Billy revisited
- I Wish!
- Fall favorites!
- Farrow & Ball and HC Throw a Party!
- David Hicks Gallery and Book
- How to Add "Bling" and a Giveaway!
- Fall decor for the outdoors!
- La Maison d'Hermes
- Palais Royal
- A Perfect Backdrop
- Finally, an ergonomic desk!
- A Night and Home to Remember!
- Kortnei's kitchen consultation -- before and after...
- DJ turntable setup out Ikea media center
- ▼ October (84)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)