Fall favorites!

**My beadboard island was highlighted at One Project Closer a couple weeks ago (they are raising awareness of the Habitat for Humanity program) and now I'm up for the grand prize -- a $150 gift card to the home improvement store of my choice! Do you know what I could do with $150? :) If you get a second, I would really appreciate your vote! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/before-after-2009-vote-for-the-best/ Not sure sure if you can vote daily or not, but I'll find out. You are all the BEST!!**

I was going to do a post about my various pumpkin decor tonight, but the daylight was gone before I could take good pictures...which is yet another reason I love fall.

My son was born in December, and that first winter, let's just say, I didn't care for the winter, notsomuch. The reasons were obvious -- new baby, cold, snow, dark most of the day. I didn't let those things stop me from getting out to Target of the house, but that winter I believe I had every lamp and light on in the whole house, all season long.

Every year since, I am loving when the days get shorter more and more -- call me crazy. I'm a night owl and it makes the evenings seem even longer. And it's just cozy. More excuses for candles. More reasons to start up the fireplace. More opportunities to sit out by the fire pit outside. Can't you just smell the roasted marshmallows right now??

This past weekend was one of those that included about every one of the reasons I love this season. So in honor of my favorite time of year, I though I'd share a few of my fall favorites...

Wooly worms, and a two-year-old who isn't afraid to touch them:
Pumpkins and gourds of all shapes:
Sizes and colors:A few more cold nights and this burst of magic will appear -- every year it seems to happen overnight:
(Click for source. Isn't that a gorgeous picture?)

Marching band:
And a little guy so excited to see the band and Daddy, he can barely stand it:
The fireplaces turned on:
Our new tradition of picking our own pumpkins:
And apples:
Nighttime temps like these:
That is what I'm talkin' about!!

High school football games with just a bit of chill in the air:Mums in bloom:
The burning bushes firing up!:
What are your favorites of fall? Did I miss any?

Oh yes, yes I did. I'm off to heat up my apple crisp and cider for my bedtime snack. ;)

Check out this stream