Always wanted to cart home piping hot pizza on your bike? John who has a "Freeloader" hauling attachments on his bike (a recumbent) is hot to go up to Ikea and get the parts needed to make his a PizzaLoader, a brilliant idea from Xtracycle. A Gorm shelf and Lansa door handle make this pizza loader for bikes possible.
Visit Xtracycle for your PizzaLoader instructions.
Updated! February 23, 2009
John sent me pictures of his PizzaLoader.
He says, "Here's the completed PizzaLoader (with kind of a yucky-color stain, but it's what I had handy).
I had to go to the hardware store to get some longer bolts to fasten the Xtracycle snaphooks to the bottom of the Gorm shelf. The Lansa handle worked perfectly to provide a "backrest" bar, which will also be a good connection for the little tiedown straps that Ikea has for packing your stuff on your cartop."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)