Here an idea from Kyle to ensure that your nicely sorted magazines do not end up a sheep pile when moving. Also great to keep them dust free.
He says, "Moving magazine that you've already organized into files (Kassett, for example) is not very rewarding. You can't just throw the magazine files into the moving truck and if you take the magazines out and into a box you still have to find a place for the files. To solve this problem I took the inexpensive and ugly Flyt magazine files (2.99 for five) and put them upside down in my Kassett magazine files. They fit tight and neatly without any tape (although I used some for extra insurance)."
Spice up the Flyt
Nicole cover the Flyt magazine files with wrapping paper and Mod Podge.
See her tutorial of the Flyt cover up.
Flower power for the Kassett
Katie gave the plain white Kassett magazine files a little love. Each flower handpainted with acrylic paint.
See more of Katie's personalised magazine file.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)