I was reading over my list of resolutions and things I wanted to do in 2008 and although I didn't keep them all or make all of them happen, I think I had a pretty good year!
I never expected that my friend would actually ask me to decorate his bachelor pad or that I would be profiled by 1stdibs. I never thought that I would write for a magazine and am so grateful to Kansas City Home Design for giving me a chance and to Domino for asking me to write the story I pitched to them about the Next Generation and who included me as one of their favorite blogs in 2008. I am excited that a few other people took a chance and hired me to decorate their apartments which you will hear about soon!
I am also so happy about all the wonderful people whom I met and became friends with in 2008 from the team at Domino and Williams-Sonoma Home, Flair and Maison24, to my fabulous friend Kelly at Dorothy Draper/Carelton V and Eddie and Jaithan who inspire me everyday, Stefan of Architect Design who is so sweet, Emily of Scented Glossy Magazines who makes me laugh out loud, the lovely David Jimenez and especially my wonderfully supportive and encouraging readers! I value all of you who take the time to email me and leave comments as well as those who just stop by from time to time.
It really has been a good year but I just know that 2009 is going to be even better...for all of us! Happy New Year!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)