So I’ve been debating on doing two things on this blog for a long time now… my mind started spinning when I started to get really into this bloggy thing a few months ago and I’ve been mulling over it since then.
Because I spend more time blogging then on my real job lately (it’s only a part time job but…seriously) and because I have dedicated so much time to this site (and have loved every second of it), I have decided to go ahead with these two things and I hope you’ll support me…
Nervous giggle. Bites nails.
First of all, I’ve decided to accept advertising. I would love it if any of you (or anyone you know) would want to advertise on the site. My hope is it will become an avenue for Etsy sellers or moms and women who sell items and services. The rate is $10 a month and will go month to month. For more info on this, please contact me via e-mail (see left column).
Another one I’m REAL nervous about is consultations. Back in the day I thought I would never do this, but the idea has occurred to me more than once and it’s been growing on me. I have decided to offer simple decorating consults for $10. They can be just about anything you can think of – help with paint colors, molding ideas, furniture placement, accessorizing, organization ideas, draperies – you name it. I can’t offer any fancy-schmancy graphic programs though, just ideas and inspiration and maybe a kick in the you-know-what to make it happen. And when I say this will be simple, I mean it. You can send pics, videos, etc. Whatever you want. And I will use what knowledge I do have about decorating to help you out. If the project is bigger, like ideas to finish off a whole room, we can discuss pricing.
Click here to try it out and then e-mail me:
I have to say – I LOVE LOVE LOVE when you all e-mail me questions on how do something I’ve posted about and I welcome those, adore those, please keep those coming. I really don’t want to sound like I’m taking advantage of you…and I hope you all keep the e-mails and questions coming. I am thrilled when I get a message from one of you telling me that I have inspired you. That is part of the reason I’ve decided to do this – it has been an honor to be that inspiration and I want to help you make your home even more comfortable and beautiful.
I don’t know why I’m so nervous about this. I guess I don’t want any of you to think I think I’m all that. I most certainly don’t. I have thought long and hard about this and am fully prepared for them to totally flop and that is OK with me! My love of decorating and blogging will keep on…and you’ll all still be my BFs. Foreva.
Thanks for your support!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)