Andrew was wondering how on earth could he put his TV in his new living room when he stumbled across ikea hacking and couldn't resist creating his own TV furniture.
He says, "The following pic show the original design of the low table. A back 'wall' had to be added later on while shopping, as the back part of the Lack shelves are not as flat as I thought."
His idea is to use two small square Lack tables and a shelf. Table legs are positioned horizontally, resulting in 4 levels for visual depth. The short green backing wall also forms a divider of sorts to separate the two spaces within the living area.
The parts are glued together, not the strongest option and makes the table is a bit fragile.
And finally, this!
See more of Andrew's low TV table.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)