Vidya gives the Poang chair a swift makeover.
She says, "My husband and I have always disagreed about the Poang chair. He loves the comfort - I don't like any of the fabrics that it comes in. The cover we have for it is plain white and it is so boring.
So I took a stencil and some orange paint and painted orange flowers all over my Poang chair. It took me around 2-3 hours to do it and cost me practically nothing.
I have no artistic skills and the stencilling isn't very even. But I'm quite pleased with the effect and the chair looks a lot more fun now. You be the judge."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Belgian Decor at Cote de Texas
- Young Designers and Collectors
- Thanks House Beautiful!
- Technical Difficulties
- For your reading pleasure
- Putting odd wall space to use
- Bedtime for Titina
- "I feel like I'm going to cry!"
- An Effektiv island to cook, eat, work, play!
- It's about that time
- From Kura to castle bed
- At Home at Sarlo
- I'm baaaaack!!
- Don't be stranded without a changing table
- Shabby Chic Closing?!
- House Proud
- Rich Dunbrack -The Thieving Magpie
- What to do with your kid's artwork
- The Bachelorette Pad: It's Coming Together
- My Kitchen Unveiled!
- Hackeas: It's butts today
- My dream pantry...almost!
- The Paris Years
- Low TV table for a cozy nook
- An organization tease
- First Fashion
- Expedit wine rack and bar
- Dream more, learn more, do more...
- Ikea makes pizza delivery a breeze on your bike
- Stephen Shubel Design
- Black Magic
- A Valentine quickie
- New Wave
- Chic Design Office
- Expedit desks to modern dog bed
- All that kid stuff!
- Chic and Small
- It's a dining table for pooch
- Hometown Love!
- Magazine file hacks
- I Heart Grant K. Gibson!
- Motorized Ikea sculptures
- Our Mission: Declutter and Organize!
- My New Butler's Pantry - Before and After!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Ryan Korban
- Christopher Spitzmiller at Home
- Craft table for 4
- The Kenmore Arms
- Stencilling the Poang
- Adding some texture!
- The Bachelorette Pad - First Phase
- Wall stickers on Ikea furniture. What fun!
- Habitually Chic Designer: Katie Ridder
- Beauty in Portola Valley
- Dual-side chalkboard easel
- Twilight and Facebook
- New Year, New Ideas
- Nantucket De Novo Style
- The Bachelorette Pad: Before Photos
- A Beautiful New Year!
- Vote for the Hack of 2008
- Noir et Blanc
- Taking Stock
- Happy New Year and how to sleep on higher ground
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)