Better Late than Never!

One of my absolute favorite rooms at the Traditional Home Hampton Designer Showhouse last summer was the masculine bedroom suite designed by Bradley Thiergartner Interiors that I never actually posted! Sometimes as a blogger you get sidetracked or another event happens soon after one you are covering or you have paying clients that require your attention! So I'm going back through my files to bring you some of stories that I never got to post. Hope you enjoy them!

When I first heard the name Bradley Thiergartner I thought it was one person but the firm is actually made up of Benjamin Bradley and David Thiergartner. They describer their style as Tailored Traditional and that could also describe their room at the Hampton Designer Showhouse.

Clearly the man who inspired the room design is a world traveler who's collected items from around the globe including globes!

The room was filled with great art that was hung in unexpected places like beside the bedside table.

There are certain pieces in the space like the zebra on the wall and animal print pillow that add that feeling that the room has traveled to Africa and make me think of Hemingway.

The gallery wall mixes styles and mediums to reflect a very personal collection of art.

One of the things that I really loved about the room was the great attention to detail. I appreciate when designers of Show House rooms take the time to add in items that are used by the mysterious owner like the Mrs. John L. Strong stationery and pencils seen on the desk.

Wouldn't you love sitting at the desk writing letters while you gazed at the beautiful landscape painting hung at sitting eye level?!

The seating area at the end of the bed works for reading a book or watching the television that is housed in the shelving across from it. I also love that the two chairs don't match and the casual feeling of the straw trunk.

Yes, we all know that smoking is bad but I am sure the world traveler who owns this room doesn't care. The carefully places cigar and ashtray make it feel like he just stepped out of the room!

I loved the little Chinoiserie box sitting on the trunk and when I took a closer look, I realized that it held little treasures such as a bunny and a love note! Not sure if this was taken from one of the designer's homes directly with the contents or if was created purposely for the room but again, the little details were what made me fall in love with this room!

Not sure if you can tell in this photo but the chair has a wonderful ring and ribbon trim from Samuel & Sons. You can also see how the beautiful antique rug sits over a sisal rug from Stark.

I also loved the contrast of the warm wood and metal on the shelving unit with the ticking stripe covering. The rope and wall that it rolls up reminds me of a tent and how the owner probably stayed in tents during his travels around the world.

Many of the objects displayed look like they could have picked up around the world as well!

And what man's room could be complete without a bar, even if it consists of whiskey and Coca-Cola!

Even the vintage metal hand weights are a perfect touch!

Bradley Thiergartner also designed the small adjoining bathroom which was an added bonus!

The warm slate grey color warms up the white bathroom and continues the masculine feel.

The natural elements also relate back to the natural elements in the bedroom.

There is nothing I love more than hanging art in bathrooms. Of course, you need a good fan and even then, you may not want to hang anything too expensive that will get ruined by the steam!

The lamp cords on the sink make me a little nervous but the lighting here look much chicer than your standard chrome or nickel fixtures! Even the shower stall was accessories perfectly! I really loved this room and as I mentioned, all the thoughtful details that really do make it seem like a real person lives in this room and it wasn't just another show house room!

Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream