Mr. Crown

The dune buggy photos of Jude Law in the Dunhill advertising made me think of The Thomas Crown Affair. Not the 1999 remake with Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo, although I like that one too, but the 1968 original version that starred Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. While most of Faye's costumes and hairstyles look pretty dated, Steve McQueen and his handsome bespoke suits still look fabulous today. The same can't be said of the short shorts he's sporting above but I'll let those slide since I don't mind looking at his legs! I first saw this film when I lived in Beacon Hill in Boston and I used to love walking by Thomas Crown's house at 85 Mt. Vernon Street. The interiors were shot on a sound stage but also surprisingly don't look that dated either. Wish the same could be said of today's movies!












Photos from Google

Check out this stream