Sister Parish Design: On Decorating

I was in High Point this past October when Sister Parish Design: On Decorating was released so I missed the fun launch party at Gerald Bland Antiques. I did stop by after though to pick up a copy and I am enjoying it immensely! The premise is similar to Mark Hampton On Decorating which was the inspiration but in this case, other interior designers, many of whom worked at Parish-Hadley, give the decorating advice. I'm often asked for recommendations for books that give good practical design advice and I can say that this one is now at the top of my list! I loved reading anecdotes from Mario Buatta, Albert Hadley, Bunny Williams, and Miles Redd, among others!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Gerald Bland's wife, Mita Corsini Bland painted the beautiful watercolor interiors for the book and they are just gorgeous! They were actually displayed for sale at the book party and if you're lucky, they might actually have a few left!

Sister Parish's Living Room


Albert Hadley's Bedroom


Todd Romano's Living Room


Mrs. Astor's Library Designed by Albert Hadley


Room Designed by Paul Wiseman


Room Designed by Bunny Williams


Room Designed by Miles Redd

Watercolors by Mita Corsini Bland for Sister Parish Design: On Decorating
Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream