The Real Slim Paley

Sometimes you find a blog that is so fantastic that you can't decide if you want to be the author, their best friend or pack your bags and show up on their doorstep and hope they don't call the police! I think I can unequivocally say that all three thoughts ran though my mind when I first read Slim Paley and saw her beautiful homes! The author is an interior designer who lives in Santa Barbara, CA with her husband and two boys. She has chosen to remain anonymous and I don't blame her. I did the same thing when I first started my blog because I wasn't sure how the designer I was working for at the time would respond. Just because someone wants to dip their toe into the blogging pool before jumping is no reason not to welcome them.

Slim Paley is a girl after my own heart who would rather curl up with a good book in her Sun Valley, Idaho house (above) than strap two sticks to her feet! She also has a wonderful sense of humor, one that is fun and self deprecating and doesn't make fun of others, except maybe her Pilates instructor! Once you see the photos of her, you'll see what I mean! Someone once asked me what I thought made a good blog and it's definitely one that makes you laugh while remaining professional. Speaking of professional, her travel photos could be considered professional! It's my dream to go on an African safari and I loved reading the account of her trip and seeing her fabulous photos. In a sea of design blogs, I think Slim Paley is going to quickly become one of your favorites. I know it's already one of mine! Enjoy!

Sun Valley House in Winter

Santa Barbara Living Room

Santa Barbara House at Christmas

Santa Barbara Bathroom

Sun Valley in Summer

Slim Paley's Rose Garden

Slim Paley Table Setting

Trip To Africa

Trip to the Grand Canyon

Trip to Greece

Above and Below, Trip to Kyoto, Japan

All photos by Slim Paley

Check out this stream