The Gold Standard

In honor of the Golden Globes, I've put together a collection of some of my favorite uses of gold. I am like a magpie when it comes to anything shiny and gold especially shoes but I am also using it more and more in my design work. I'm not tiling entire palazzos in Italy like Dolce & Gabbana above, but I am adding in little brass tables and gilt mirrors wherever I can. I love it's warm glow so I was especially delighted to see it in all it's splendor at Versailles last year. All that glitters may not be gold, but it sure is pretty!

Kelly Wearstler is also a fan of gold and has loaded her dining table with it!

Palm Room, New Palace, Bayreuth, Germany

Chapel of Versailles photographed by moi

The King's Private Dining Room at Versailles also by moi

Bedroom by Murial Brandolini

Another room by Kelly Wearstler

Fabulous brass shelves in a room by Phoebe Howard

Kelly Wearstler for Pickard China

Gold papered powder room by Palmer Weiss

Spectacular gold ceiling in Venice, Italy

Glorious gold room by Studio Sofield

Katie Lee Joel's gold leafed dressing room

The original golden girl, Adele Bloch-Bauer by Gustav Klimt, 1907

Dolce & Gabbana gold bedroom, Portofino, Italy

Gold bathroom by Kevin Haley

Paco Rabanne gold curtain in room designed by Eric Hughes

Photo by Jason Schmidt

The Rookery Building, Chicago, Illinois

Gilt mirror in Valentino's atelier

Gold shoes shot by Tommy Ton

Check out this stream