a new addition to the family meant the end of the pristine white covers for chelsea. she's gunning for a chocolate brown set now.
"My name is Chelsea and my boyfriend and I love dogs in fact they are our passion. So when a friend of a friend needed to get rid of their beautiful great dane, we were more than happy to adopt him! His name is Neko and is the best dog ever, so well behaved and lovable!
The only problem, he loves our couches as much as we do, therefore, they are ruined! There are numerous stains all over, on every piece of furniture, a rip on the loveseat, and dog hair everywhere!
At first, we wanted a modern look and decided to get the white covers, however, now that we have him, it just is no longer practical, so we would love to have the ektorp chocolate brown covers, because they would warm the place up and hide some of the dog hair.
Now, let me say that because of Neko we are short on cash because of the unexpected costs we had with him, so as a first resort I attempted to dye the covers myself to save money and to get us by for awhile. Well, two days later, the footstool looks peach, the loveseat has dye stains all over it, and the rest is still hidden under several blankets. It would be so nice to enjoy our living room again without worrying about the stains and dog hair when we have company. So please, please, please, help us, we desperately need it. Thank you!
1. This is Neko. Isn't he gorgeous!!!
2. An example of some the stains, the pictures do not show the stains well, but trust me they are there!
3. The peach mess
4. A close up of the peach mess
5. The dye disaster
6. The beautiful before
7. And the covers we would love to have.
want to win $500 to spend at bemz? here's how to send in your entry.
click here to view all entries.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- You Are Where You Eat
- high kitchen countertop with storage drawers
- The Domino Book of Decorating
- Sue Hostetler's Hip New York Home
- start your day with coffee in bed
- I Heart Bryan Ferry
- Domino Bazaar to Benefit ACRIA
- peter reborn as a floor lamp
- Heartbroken over Goteborg
- make it smell good again
- pierre and christine's "love again" couch
- uglydolls demonstrate against ugly sofa
- a new slipcover for silke?
- Stalking Albert Hadley
- Habitually Chic Interview
- harald pimps ikea for his mac mini
- gaelle's grey sofa to go red
- a new klippan slipcover on the menu?
- lavanya's sofa that nobody wants to sit on
- ikea hack on YouTube
- Chic at Sotheby's
- Chic Inspiration
- can't afford a wedding centerpiece? hack one from ...
- maureen's sad sofa story
- poekie wants a new slipcover to sharpen its nails
- bree's sofa and the jealous cat
- sandra's slipcover request
- chelsea's chocolate brown wish
- The Golden Age of Couture
- I Heart Assouline
- the music cube plays on
- save john from his purple karlanda sofa?
- amanda's dingy klippan to get new slipcover?
- It's Domino Day!
- hack bedside tables into music studio racks
- kate's storage ideas for a small kitchen
- Chic and the City
- will yeonwoo win the case for a new klippan slipco...
- Habitually Chic Artist: James Nares
- a pronomen bath tub surround
- share your home on America at Home
- Chic Chinoiserie
- how to fit a larger tv into your old media unit
- pamela to win symmetry light olive green slipcover...
- Give Them What They Didn't Know They Wanted!
- Carolina Herrera + Jeremiah Goodman = Perfection
- diy a room divider from ivar units
- nancy to win matching slipcovers?
- A Few of My Favorite Things
- Man About Town: Robert Burke
- unclutter with a norrebo unit
- The Art and Homes of Hunt Slonem
- I Heart Gilles Mendel
- Letter from the Editor
- Thoroughly Modern Milly
- lots of photos? here's an easy way to show them of...
- simone and bubo to win eggshell blue sofa slipcove...
- turn servers into planters
- Habitually Chic Designers: Loeffler Randall
- a chocolate slipcover for liz and cthulhu?
- a kandell pilaster shelf look-a-like for $39.99
- Tonne Tonne Tonne
- Carlos Souza Part Deux: Rome
- Carlos Souza Part One: New York
- what to do when you no longer love orange
- make a light tent for small object photography
- Feel like a woman...wear a dress!
- It's Fashion Week!!!
- win a customized bemz slipcover
- $20 customizable laptop stand
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater
- Jail House Rock
- sofa table from salvaged ikea table legs
- shelf and brackets make a cool coffee table
- james' minimalist desk - get the how to!
- ▼ September (76)
- ► 2006 (137)