i guess it had to come to this. poekie the cat sends me an entry.
"To Whom It May Concern:
First of all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Poekie and I am a cat.
Yes, I'm sure you must find it most unusual to receive an e-mail written by a feline, however, desperate times call for desperate measures.
I live with 2 feline friends, Alice and Anita in a flat in Vila Nova de Gaia, a city on the outskirts of Porto, Portugal. There are 2 humans which I have allowed to share our space with us. They are generally good people, though I don't really like it when they interrupt my naps on the table when they want to eat, but hey, they bring home the bacon!!! I would also prefer it if they slept on the floor, sometimes it gets too tight for all 5 of us on the bed, but unfortunately, nails can only go so far...
Anyway, to cut to the chase... what is totally unacceptable is the fact that they realize that we badly need a new slipcover to sharpen our nails on (this one's definitely no fun anymore...) and do absolutely NOTHING about it!!! The cheapskate bastards!!! So this is our humble and desperate plea (or should I say MIAOW??) for a new slipcover... We may have to resort to drastic measures, like kicking our owners out, and you wouldn't want them to be homeless, would you??
To sum up, PLEASE SEND US A NEW SLIPCOVER TO DESTROY!!!
We would be extremely grateful...
PS: NOTE FROM OWNER (Sofia): I had to put food on the sofa for the photoshoot so I definitely deserve a new slipcover!!!!"
want to win $500 to spend at bemz? here's how to send in your entry.
click here to view all entries.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- You Are Where You Eat
- high kitchen countertop with storage drawers
- The Domino Book of Decorating
- Sue Hostetler's Hip New York Home
- start your day with coffee in bed
- I Heart Bryan Ferry
- Domino Bazaar to Benefit ACRIA
- peter reborn as a floor lamp
- Heartbroken over Goteborg
- make it smell good again
- pierre and christine's "love again" couch
- uglydolls demonstrate against ugly sofa
- a new slipcover for silke?
- Stalking Albert Hadley
- Habitually Chic Interview
- harald pimps ikea for his mac mini
- gaelle's grey sofa to go red
- a new klippan slipcover on the menu?
- lavanya's sofa that nobody wants to sit on
- ikea hack on YouTube
- Chic at Sotheby's
- Chic Inspiration
- can't afford a wedding centerpiece? hack one from ...
- maureen's sad sofa story
- poekie wants a new slipcover to sharpen its nails
- bree's sofa and the jealous cat
- sandra's slipcover request
- chelsea's chocolate brown wish
- The Golden Age of Couture
- I Heart Assouline
- the music cube plays on
- save john from his purple karlanda sofa?
- amanda's dingy klippan to get new slipcover?
- It's Domino Day!
- hack bedside tables into music studio racks
- kate's storage ideas for a small kitchen
- Chic and the City
- will yeonwoo win the case for a new klippan slipco...
- Habitually Chic Artist: James Nares
- a pronomen bath tub surround
- share your home on America at Home
- Chic Chinoiserie
- how to fit a larger tv into your old media unit
- pamela to win symmetry light olive green slipcover...
- Give Them What They Didn't Know They Wanted!
- Carolina Herrera + Jeremiah Goodman = Perfection
- diy a room divider from ivar units
- nancy to win matching slipcovers?
- A Few of My Favorite Things
- Man About Town: Robert Burke
- unclutter with a norrebo unit
- The Art and Homes of Hunt Slonem
- I Heart Gilles Mendel
- Letter from the Editor
- Thoroughly Modern Milly
- lots of photos? here's an easy way to show them of...
- simone and bubo to win eggshell blue sofa slipcove...
- turn servers into planters
- Habitually Chic Designers: Loeffler Randall
- a chocolate slipcover for liz and cthulhu?
- a kandell pilaster shelf look-a-like for $39.99
- Tonne Tonne Tonne
- Carlos Souza Part Deux: Rome
- Carlos Souza Part One: New York
- what to do when you no longer love orange
- make a light tent for small object photography
- Feel like a woman...wear a dress!
- It's Fashion Week!!!
- win a customized bemz slipcover
- $20 customizable laptop stand
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater
- Jail House Rock
- sofa table from salvaged ikea table legs
- shelf and brackets make a cool coffee table
- james' minimalist desk - get the how to!
- ▼ September (76)
- ► 2006 (137)