rose creates a gallery of photographs with the very cheap raket frames.
rose says, "my raket frame collage is made of 56 4"x6" raket frames - 3 for $1.50. all i did was mount four 9-foot-long strips of 1" thick wood to my dining room wall, and slide in the frames. i like that the color and precise dimensions of each frame varies, and that i can switch out my pictures at any time because the frames aren't mounted to anything, they just rest between the strips of wood."
[added 27 May 2008]
allie's photo collage
she gles a bunch of ikea nyttja frames using superglue and then strips of duct tape as reinforcement. some frames are arranged next to each other and some layered on top. just remember to leave enough room to access the back of the frames so you can change the photos.
see more on her blog.
Updated! February 25, 2009
Amy wanted to created a wall collage like the ones using the Ram frames.
Amy says, "I painted them and mapped out their arrangement first with graph paper, then with painter's tape on the wall. If I had to do it again, I'd probably use a big sheet of butcher paper on the floor, mark the places for the frames on the paper, and then hang the paper on the wall and nail the hangers/hooks through the paper.
Using painter's tape to mark the placement of the frames on the wall took time, but it was worth it! I spent about $35 on frames instead of ten times that by buying a system of frames.
Click to see more of Amy's Ram frames wall collage.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- You Are Where You Eat
- high kitchen countertop with storage drawers
- The Domino Book of Decorating
- Sue Hostetler's Hip New York Home
- start your day with coffee in bed
- I Heart Bryan Ferry
- Domino Bazaar to Benefit ACRIA
- peter reborn as a floor lamp
- Heartbroken over Goteborg
- make it smell good again
- pierre and christine's "love again" couch
- uglydolls demonstrate against ugly sofa
- a new slipcover for silke?
- Stalking Albert Hadley
- Habitually Chic Interview
- harald pimps ikea for his mac mini
- gaelle's grey sofa to go red
- a new klippan slipcover on the menu?
- lavanya's sofa that nobody wants to sit on
- ikea hack on YouTube
- Chic at Sotheby's
- Chic Inspiration
- can't afford a wedding centerpiece? hack one from ...
- maureen's sad sofa story
- poekie wants a new slipcover to sharpen its nails
- bree's sofa and the jealous cat
- sandra's slipcover request
- chelsea's chocolate brown wish
- The Golden Age of Couture
- I Heart Assouline
- the music cube plays on
- save john from his purple karlanda sofa?
- amanda's dingy klippan to get new slipcover?
- It's Domino Day!
- hack bedside tables into music studio racks
- kate's storage ideas for a small kitchen
- Chic and the City
- will yeonwoo win the case for a new klippan slipco...
- Habitually Chic Artist: James Nares
- a pronomen bath tub surround
- share your home on America at Home
- Chic Chinoiserie
- how to fit a larger tv into your old media unit
- pamela to win symmetry light olive green slipcover...
- Give Them What They Didn't Know They Wanted!
- Carolina Herrera + Jeremiah Goodman = Perfection
- diy a room divider from ivar units
- nancy to win matching slipcovers?
- A Few of My Favorite Things
- Man About Town: Robert Burke
- unclutter with a norrebo unit
- The Art and Homes of Hunt Slonem
- I Heart Gilles Mendel
- Letter from the Editor
- Thoroughly Modern Milly
- lots of photos? here's an easy way to show them of...
- simone and bubo to win eggshell blue sofa slipcove...
- turn servers into planters
- Habitually Chic Designers: Loeffler Randall
- a chocolate slipcover for liz and cthulhu?
- a kandell pilaster shelf look-a-like for $39.99
- Tonne Tonne Tonne
- Carlos Souza Part Deux: Rome
- Carlos Souza Part One: New York
- what to do when you no longer love orange
- make a light tent for small object photography
- Feel like a woman...wear a dress!
- It's Fashion Week!!!
- win a customized bemz slipcover
- $20 customizable laptop stand
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater
- Jail House Rock
- sofa table from salvaged ikea table legs
- shelf and brackets make a cool coffee table
- james' minimalist desk - get the how to!
- ▼ September (76)
- ► 2006 (137)